5 Ways To Drink Smarter (and Healthy) This Holiday Season
During college I was a bartender and now I love entertaining and serving signature drinks in my own home. During this holiday season, I encourage you to drink safely. Here are 5 tips straight from this former barkeep on how to keep healthy while getting your holiday swerve on:
1. Drink lots of water! Rule of thumb is to drink 2-3 glasses of water for every drink you have.
2. Exercise. Combat those high-cal drinks with metabolism boosting cardio and strength training.
3. Eat before you imbibe. Your body needs it.
4. Don't feel pressured to drink. Add seltzer and cranberry with a garnish to look like a cocktail. No one will be the wiser!
5. Pace yourself. Slow your roll and enjoy these special times with your family and friends. Don't be THAT person.
Enjoy your favorite drinks this season by drinking responsibly and making sure you have a plan to get home safely!